Free Shipping Promotions
Transfer Enterprises will offer free shipping on select ergonomic chairs. Only certain chairs will be eligible per promotion. Transfer Enterprises reserves the right to start or stop a free shipping promotion at any time.
Chairs in quantities of 4 or less will be shipped via UPS Ground. Chairs ship out the business day following the date of purchase. Estimated delivery time is 5-7 business days. Inclement weather may effect delivery times. Customers will receive tracking information within 2 business days of placing an order. Chairs are shipped fully assembled.
Chairs in quantities of 5 or more will ship via an alternate freight method. Chairs will ship fully assembled. Estimated delivery time is 10-14 business days.
Chairs purchased from Transfer Enterprises or tedesk.com must be returned within 3 business days. All chairs that were purchased as part of a free shipping promotion will have a 0 restocking fee upon return. If the chair was shipped to you and you are unable to physically bring the chair back to one of our CT warehouses, you must email tracking information for your return shipment within 3 business days of receiving your chair from tedesk.com. If the return tracking information is provided past the 3-business day deadline, an additional 20% restocking fee will be applied. Buyer pays return shipping. Upon receipt of the returned chair, the chair will be inspected for damage. If the chair is deemed to be in the same condition as it was originally shipped out in, the buyer will receive a refund less the applicable restocking fee(s). Delivery or shipping fees paid by customers with the initial purchase of a chair(s) is nonrefundable.
If a chair is damaged during the shipping process, Transfer Enterprises will send replacement parts at no cost to the buyer. If the chair is damaged beyond repair, Transfer Enterprises will replace the chair at no cost to the buyer. To get replacement parts and/or a replacement chair, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with photos and a description of the damage. Include photos of the packaging and box. Further instructions will be included in our response to your damage claim.
Please visit our Chair FAQ page for more information.
Delivery and Installation
Buyers may purchase just delivery, or delivery with installation. For all orders placed online, please indicate interest in receiving an installation charge. As installation charges are unique to each order, a Transfer Enterprises’ team member will contact you directly with the fee.
Delivery is charged by zone pricing to a business loading dock or outside entrance during normal business hours. Normal business hours are stated as 8:30am – 4pm. Delivery charges do not include installation of product, placement of product, or unwrapping of product. The driver will not bring the purchased product into the building.
Installation charges are determined by the quantity and type of products purchased, as well as the conditions of the building in which the product is being installed. Installation conditions include, but are not limited to: dimensions of doorways, number of doors that the product must be carried through, availability of a loading dock, access to the building (i.e. elevators, stairs), structure limitations, parking limitations and the presence of a person to accept delivery at the time scheduled. Delivery conditions are based off representations made by the buyer at the time of sale. Any variations from the buyer’s representation of delivery conditions are the responsibility of the buyer. The buyer will pay additional charges for any misrepresentations. The seller will provide the cost of any additional charges prior to the start of the delivery. If a delivery is not completed as a result of any misrepresentation of building conditions and/or the buyer declines to pay the determined, additional charges, the buyer will pay a restocking fee of 25% of the total invoice price. The delivery charge will not be refunded.
All office space areas must be cleared prior to installation. There will be an additional fee if the buyer’s existing furniture needs to be moved in order to complete the installation. There will be an additional fee for Transfer Enterprises to remove and/or dispose of existing furniture.
The installation team will follow space plans provided by your sales representative. Please confirm any layout modifications with your sales representative prior to your installation date. All cubicle installations must have a layout for installers to follow. Transfer Enterprises will supply one at no cost, or the buyer may provide their own. Installers will not deviate from the cubicle layout. For all product purchases other than workstations, the installation team will place purchased furniture at the direction of the buyer unless a predetermined layout is provided. The decision-maker for product placement must be present at the time of the installation. Additional fees will apply if the installation team places, installs, or moves the same product multiple times.
- All in-stock product off the showroom floor will be delivered within 5-10 business days.
- All in-stock product out of our overstock warehouses will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 10-14 business days.
- Preowned, reconditioned cubicle systems will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 3-4 weeks.
- Custom, refurbished cubicle systems will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 4-6 weeks.
- Reupholstered, refurbished seating will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 4-6 weeks.
- Custom, repainted metal products will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 4-6 weeks.
- New, ordered product will be delivered and/or available for pick-up within 2-8 weeks depending on the vendor.
Returns must be made within 3 business days of delivery or pick-up. Returns within 3-7 business days of purchase are subject to a 25% restocking fee. No credit will be provided after 7 business days. Delivery & installation charges are nonrefundable after the completion of service. If you wish to cancel a delivery or installation, you must do so 48 hours prior to your scheduled date. Transfer Enterprises does not pick up or uninstall product to be returned. The buyer is responsible for returning the product to Transfer Enterprises in the condition it was purchased. If products are returned damaged, no refunds will be provided. Custom orders including, but not limited to new upholstery, new paint, and ordered, new product cannot be returned. Additional terms and exceptions are made for chairs shipped under our free shipping promotion. Please see the information outlined above, or visit our Chair FAQ page for more information.
State agencies fall under separate terms of service per the contact for the state of Connecticut.
Our ergonomic task chairs priced $349 or more, come with a 1-year warranty on the mechanical functions of the chair. If the mechanicals of the chair fail within 1 year, the buyer has the following options for repair:
- The chair can be brought to Transfer Enterprises’ chair department in South Windsor, CT for repair. Our chair technicians will diagnose the issue with the chair, confirm whether the issue is due to a mechanical malfunction or misuse and repair the chair. If the damage to the chair is not covered under the 1-year warranty, we will provide the cost to repair the chair. All chair drop-offs for repair/inspection are by appointment only. Please call (860) 645-9090 ex. 119 to schedule, or email email@example.com. Customers from out-of-state are also welcomed to ship their damaged chairs to our South Windsor facility. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your intent to do so, along with tracking information. The customer is responsible for paying return shipping of the chair after it is repaired.
- Mechanical malfunctions of a chair can usually be easily fixed at home. Email email@example.com with the issue of any chair purchased and if the defect is covered under the 1-year warranty, Transfer Enterprises will ship the replacement part at no cost. If the defect is not covered under the 1-year warranty, we will provide a cost for the part.
The following items are not covered under the 1-year warranty:
- Mechanical malfunctions due to improper use of the chair. Improper use of a chair includes but is not limited to exceeding the recommended weight limit for the chair, exceeding the daily usage recommendation and/or the misuse of functions.
- Physical damage
- Upholstery & mesh damage
- Frame damage
Please note, manufacturer’s warranty is intended for the original buyer of the chair and is not transferable. Manufacturers do not honor warranty claims to secondary buyers.